Thursday 4 September 2014

Day Four - Paul's Fourth Chapter

Elegy and Interuptions - a personal thank you to Joan Rivers

I am so very sad this evening to hear of the passing of Joan Rivers - why? She made me laugh in ways that few could do and her work ethic has inspired me throughout my adult life. An artist unafraid to be say what she wanted to say. A different medium from composition but hell the rules should be just the same and I have always tried to follow that. 

So tonight I wrote what I hope is a fitting elegy. One player has a sappy pseudo glamorous melody- all lyrical and swashbuckling. And the others interupt and annoy and make light of its elegance but somehow they bring out the best in their subject - just what I think Joan did. 

Breaking the rules a bit tonight I felt I had to publish a full image of the score. It's only fitting that I should just come out and say it when I'm not supposed to. 



PJA 

No comments:

Post a Comment